The Australian Embassy in Riyadh provides passport services to Australians in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman and Yemen.
All passport applications including renewals must be lodged in person. We are not able to accept applications sent by mail or courier.
The Embassy operates an online appointment system for all lodgements of applications. Applicants must attend an interview and is required to make an online appointment. Appointments are available Sunday to Thursday. The embassy is closed to the public on Public Holidays.
At present, the Embassy has suspended online appointment system. To request an appointment please contact the Embassy via Email at [email protected] and specify the service required.
Before you make the appointment, you must ensure that you have read and understood all applicable requirements listed below.
AUSTRALIANS IN BAHRAIN AND OMAN
An official from the Australian Embassy in Riyadh conducts outreach visits when possible to Bahrain and Oman to provide passport and notarial services. Australians in Bahrain or Oman, who cannot lodge the passport application in person at the Australian Embassy in Riyadh, can submit their passport applications during the outreach visits.
Please note that future visits to Bahrain and Oman will be announced via the Embassy’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AusEmbKSA Please ensure that you follow/subscribe to the Embassy’s Facebook page to stay up to date with information/messages from the Embassy.
The Australian Passport Office has introduced a new portal for clients to complete their passport applications online. This will require clients to first register for an account before completing the passport application.
If clients face any issues when completing the passport application or during the account registration process, clients should contact the Embassy by calling +966 11 250 0990/3 or emailing [email protected].
- From 1 January 2016, child applicants aged 16 or 17 will be issued with a 10 year passport. Applications must still include parental consent, and they must be personally lodged by the applicant together with a parent.
- Priority processing service is not available in Saudi Arabia.
- Some countries may refuse entry to persons with less than six months validity on their passports beyond the period of intended stay. It is your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient validity on your passport for your travel.
- From 1 December 2017, the 66-page frequent traveller passport is discontinued. Demand has fallen sharply, as more countries issue electronic visas and stop using border stamps. Existing 66-page passports will remain valid until they expire. But you will not be able to apply for a new one after 30 November 2017. More information is available on : https://www.passports.gov.au/Pages/home.aspx
Information to help you prepare your passport application
Please read all instructions carefully as incorrectly completed applications will be rejected/cause delays.
- Renew adult passport
- New/renew child passport
- First adult passport
- Replace lost/ stolen/ damaged adult passport
- Replace lost/ stolen/ damaged child passport
- Concurrent passport
- Change of name on adult passport
- Emergency passport
Under some circumstances a limited-validity Emergency passport or other type of travel document may be issued to facilitate urgent travel to Australia. Please contact the Passports Section at [email protected] for further information.
(Click here for a list of photographers who are generally able to provide acceptable photographs.)
- Acceptable guarantors (not applicable for adult renewals - PC7 forms )
- B11 declaration form (to be used only when required/requested by the interviewer/Passport Office)
- Frequently Asked Questions
The passport processing office is in Australia may request additional documents after the application has been assessed by them. We will contact you if any additional documentation is required.
You are strongly advised NOT to make any firm plans or pay for tickets until you have received your new passport.
For full information about all types of passport applications, please visit the passport website: https://www.passports.gov.au/
The turn-around is up to 3 weeks from the time of receiving a complete application form and successfully contacting the guarantor, if applicable.
If we require additional information after lodgement, we will contact you between 8:00 am - 03:45 pm, Sunday – Thursday, or we may send you an email.
Passport applications lodged overseas incur an additional overseas application fee (overseas surcharge). The additional fee is A$105 for adult (including senior) applications and A$53 for child applications. The overseas surcharge is applied in addition to the passport fees.
The Australian Embassy in Riyadh will accept only credit card payments for Passport services in Australian dollars (Visa, Mastercard & American Express). Please note, Visa cards and Mastercards with the mada logo are not currently accepted. It is not possible to pay in cash.
Inquiries can be directed to the Passport Section at the Australian Embassy in Riyadh on +9661125 00990/3, or email [email protected]
Further and full information can be obtained via www.passports.gov.au