The Australian Embassy in Riyadh no longer issues Letters of No Objection for Australians citizens in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman and Yemen.
Instead, Australian citizens in need of a letter of no objection can download our universal letter of no objection in English and Arabic, free of charge. This letter applies to all Australian citizens and should be used in place of personalised letters confirming Australian citizens do not require the approval of the Australian Government for any of the following;
- An Australian citizen travelling to or through any country permitted under Australian law, or apply for a relevant visa
- An Australian citizen sponsoring an Australian or non-Australian family member for visa purposes
- A residency/work permit for the Saudi Arabian/Bahraini/Omani/Yemeni being transferred from a foreign passport to an Australian passport.
- Study in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman and Yemen
- Purchasing of motor vehicle
- Obtaining/replacing a driving licence
- Opening/closing bank accounts
- Confirmation of domicile or marital status.
Relevant authorities in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman and Yemen have been made aware of this policy.