- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia's relationships with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman and Yemen
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Latest News and Events
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT AT KUWAIT
Position number: KU003
Title: Passports and Consular Officer
Reports to (title): Senior Administrative Officer
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the Position
Under general direction the Passports and Consular Officer provides the full range of passport and consular services at the Australian Embassy in Kuwait.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide the full range of consular services within established guidelines. .
• Provide the full range of passport services within established guidelines.
• Perform the full range of Embassy Cashier duties.
• At least 2-5 years’ experience in a passport or consular role or similar service oriented role and environment
• Fluent in English and Arabic
1. Demonstrated experience in the provision of high level passport and consular service
2. High level communication and interpersonal skills in working with all levels of clients
3. Well-developed organisational skills, analytical and problem solving skills
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Please send you application addressing the Selection Criteria and your CV to:
Australianembassykuwait@dfat.gov.au by 6 August 2015.
Late applications will not be considered.
We regret we will be unable to reply to unsuccessful applications.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Australian Minister for Trade and Investment