The Passports Office at the Australian Embassy Riyadh, is open from Sunday to Thursday, from 0745 - 1545.
The Embassy operates an appointment system for all lodgements of applications. Applicants must attend an interview by calling (+966) 11 250 0900 between the hours of 0745 - 1545, Sunday to Thursday to make an appointment.
Appointments are only available Sunday to Thursday, from 0830 - 1230.
Please note - it is not possible to make appointments online.
-Increased passport fees will apply. Please contact the Embassy for the most current fee.
-There will be a discrete application fee for emergency passports. Emergency passports will be processed within two business days where possible and once all required documentation has been provided.
-From 1 January 2016, child applicants aged 16 or 17 will be issued with a 10-year passport instead of the five-year passport currently issued to children under 18. Applications must still include parental consent, and they must be personally lodged by the applicant together with a parent. The application fee will be the same as for adults, reflecting the longer validity of the passport to be issued. For more information about child passport applications, check the passport website: https://www.passports.gov.au/.
-Children and persons aged 75 years and over are no longer eligible for frequent traveller passports.
From 1 July 2015, a new overseas application fee (overseas surcharge) will apply to all full validity adult (including senior) and child passport applications lodged overseas. The ‘overseas surcharge’ is in addition to the standard application fee.
ADULT PASSPORT RENEWAL
Adult Australians in possession of a valid Australian passport or a passport that has expired less than 12 months ago are encouraged to use the streamlined renewal process at the passport’s online web page www.passports.gov.au
You can apply to renew your passport using the Australian Passport Renewal Application (PC7) if you are an Australian citizen and:
your current passport was issued to you after you had reached the age of 18;
have a current Australian adult passport which is/was valid for at least 2 years and has yet to or has expired within the last 12 months;
shows your correct current personal details and
the passport is not damaged.
The renewal form should be completed online and then printed. The only supporting documentation required to lodge a renewal form is the passport being replaced, new photographs and payment. If you do not qualify for the streamlined renewal process, the full Application for an Australian passport OVERSEAS (PC8) form must be used. (see below)
All other applicants should use the Application for an Australian passport OVERSEAS (PC8) if you are :
applying for a child’s first passport or a child’s renewal(under the age of 18);
applying for your first adult passport;
applying for a first Australian passport;
replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport;
applying to change your name or amend some personal details;
applying for your first passport after resumption of citizenship;
or if your current adult passport expired more than 12 months ago.
For a child’s passport application, it is not necessary for the child to attend, as one of the parent’s must lodge the application in person on their behalf. Renewal of a minor\'s passport should be accompanied by a parent\'s identity document showing their current name and signature (e.g. passport or driver\'s licence)
ADULTS - VALID UP TO 10 YEARS
Fees are non-refundable after lodgement.
LOST PASSPORT FEES
Lost and stolen passport fees will be abolished from 1 January 2016.
Contact for passport enquiries.
Tel: +966 11 2500 900, ext. 190
“Passport application interviews at the Embassy in Riyadh are offered by appointment only.”
POLICE CLEARANCE FROM SAUDI AUTHORITIES
For Australians and PR holders who wish to obtain a Saudi Police Clearance Certificate before leaving Saudi Arabia on final exit, the Saudi relevant authorities may request a letter from the embassy to issue the Police Clearance Certificate. Please contact the embassy for rates and requirements for issuing the letter.
AUSTRALIANS IN BAHRAIN AND OMAN
- An official from the Australian Embassy in Riyadh conducts regular visits to Bahrain and Oman to provide passport and notarial services. Australians in Bahrain or Oman who cannot come to Riyadh for in person passport lodgement, can lodge their application during the visit of the embassy’s official(s). The embassy sends a notification email prior to the visit to Australians who are registered with the embassy via Smartraveller website. If you are not registered with Smartraveller, please do so by visiting https://orao.dfat.gov.au/pages/default.aspx.
Any of the following who has known the applicant for at least 12 months An Australian passport holder, over 18yrs old and holds a passport with a validity of more than 2 years and not related to the applicant, or Any nationality, so long as they are CURRENTLY EMPLOYED as one of the following:
- Accountants who are members of either the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants, National Institute of Accountants or Association of Taxation and Management Accountants.. Specify which membership status applies.
- Barristers, Solicitors and Patent Attorneys
- Bank Managers except managers of bank travel centres
- Chartered Professional Engineers
- Clerk of Courts
- Clerk of Petty Sessions
- Elected Representatives of Federal Parliaments, State Parliaments, Territory Parliaments, Legislative Assembly of Norfolk Island and Municipal or Shire Councils
- Holders of Statutory Offices for which an annual salary is payable
- Marriage Celebrants
- Members currently serving in the regular Australian Defence Force with at least five years continuous service
- Members of the Governance Institute of Australia (formerly Chartered Institute of Company Secretaries)
- Police Officers with at least 5 years continuous service
- Postal Managers
- Public Servants who are current full-time employees of Commonwealth, State, territory or local Governments or Statutory Authorities and who have been employed continuously for at least 5 years by their current employer
- Registered Chiropractors
- Registered Medical Practitioners
- Registered Nurses or Midwives
- Registered Optometrists
- Registered Physiotherapists
- Registered Psychologists
- Registered Tax Agents
- Registered Veterinary Surgeons
- Stipendiary Magistrates
- Teachers who are full time and who have been teaching for more than five years at schools or tertiary institutions