- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia's relationships with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman and Yemen
- Travel advice
- Register with us
The Passports Office at the Australian Embassy Riyadh, is open from Sunday to Thursday, from 0745 - 1545.
This Embassy operates an appointment system for the personal lodgement of applications. Applicants who fall into one of the following categories must attend an interview by calling (+966) 11 250 0900 between the hours of 0745 - 1545, Sunday to Thursday to make an appointment.
The following passport applicants must lodge their application in person in Riyadh.
first passport (children aged under 18 do not have to accompany the lodging parent).
- first adult passport.
- applicants replacing a lost, stolen or damaged travel document.
- applicants replacing limited validity travel documents (this includes emergency passports) and passports which were issued after 20 August 1986 and with an original validity of less than two (2) years.
- applicants replacing a passport issued prior to 20 August 1986.
- applicants applying for their first passport on resumption of Australian citizenship.
- If you live in Riyadh - ALL applications must be lodged in person
Appointments are only available Sunday to Thursday, from 0830 - 1230.
Please note - it is not possible to make appointments online.
Adult Passport Renewal
Adult Australians in possession of a valid Australian passport or a passport that has expired less than 12 months ago are encouraged to use the streamlined renewal process at the passport’s online web page www.passports.gov.au
You can apply to renew your passport using the Australian Passport Renewal Application (PC7) if you are an Australian citizen and:
- your current passport was issued to you after you had reached the age of 18;
- have a current Australian adult passport which is/was valid for at least 2 years and has yet to or has expired within the last 12 months;
- shows your correct current personal details and
- the passport is not damaged.
The renewal form should be completed online and then printed. The only supporting documentation required to lodge a renewal form is the passport being replaced, new photographs and payment. If you do not qualify for the streamlined renewal process, the full Application for an Australian passport OVERSEAS (PC8) form must be used. (see below)
All other applicants should use the Application for an Australian passport OVERSEAS (PC8) if you are :
- applying for a child’s first passport (must be in person) or a child’s renewal(under the age of 18);
- applying for your first adult passport;
applying for a first Australian passport;
- replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport;
- applying to change your name or amend some personal details;
- applying for your first passport after resumption of citizenship;
- or if your current adult passport expired more than 12 months ago.
For a child’s first passport application, it is not necessary for the child to attend, as one of the parent’s must lodge the application in person on their behalf. Renewal of a minor's passport should be accompanied by a parent's identity document showing their current name and signature (e.g. passport or driver's licence)
Applicants not living in the Riyadh area must meet all of the above conditions (except personal lodgement), and arrange to send and collect documents and passport with a reliable courier (such as Aramex or DHL)
ADULTS - VALID UP TO 10 YEARS
Fees are non-refundable after lodgement.
LOST PASSPORT FEES
There is now an additional payment for lost passports within the past 5 years on top of the normal passport fees which must paid at the time of applying for a new passport.
All passport fees are payable in Saudi Riyals at the nominated exchange rate which changes monthly. Please contact the Embassy for the most current fee. Fees can be sent via the courier or by bank draft or bank cheque, made payable to "Australian Embassy, Riyadh". Credit cards and personal cheques will not be accepted, and no other currency is acceptable. If paying by non-Saudi bank cheque please include an additional SR45 to cover international bank charges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any of the following who has known the applicant for at least 12 months An Australian passport holder, over 18yrs old and holds a passport with a validity of more than 2 years and not related to the applicant, or Any nationality, so long as they are CURRENTLY EMPLOYED as one of the following:
• Accountants – (must be eligible for membership of a Professional Association)
• Bank Managers - (includes Department Heads with Accountancy Qualifications)
• Barristers, Solicitors, Lawyers and Patent Attorneys
• Engineers – (must be eligible for membership of a Professional Association)
• Members currently serving in the regular Australian Defence Force with at least five years continuous service
• Registered Medical Practitioners (Doctor)
• Marriage Celebrants
• Police Officers with at least five years continuous service
• Public Servants – current full-time employees of Commonwealth, State, Territory or Local Governments of Statutory Authorities, who have been employed continuously for at least five years by their current employer
• Teachers – full time who have been teaching for more then five years at schools or tertiary institutions
• Registered Veterinary Surgeons
• Registered Nurses