Welcome to the Australian Embassy in Riyadh
Welcome to the website of the Australian Embassy in Riyadh. This site contains a broad range of information on the Embassy’s services. Here you will find information on how to contact us, advice on the range of consular services available to Australian citizens, information on visa and citizenship arrangements and other practical information on matters such as trade and visas. This site can direct you to an extensive array of information about Australia and the Australian Government.
Accreditation to Bahrain, Oman and Yemen
The Australian Embassy in Riyadh is formally accredited to Bahrain, Oman and Yemen and has full responsibility for all aspects of the bilateral relationship including with respect to consular issues.
Follow us on Twitter
Stay up to date with the Australian Embassy. You can follow Embassy's Twitter Page @AusEmbRiyadh to receive updates on Australia related news and events in Saudi Arabia.
Latest News and Events
The Australian Embassy in Riyadh will be closed on Thursday 29 March and Sunday 01 April for Easter.
JOB VACANCY – DRIVER/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Applications are invited for the position of Driver/Administrative Assistant at the Australian Embassy in Riyadh.
Applicant should have the following valid documents:
- Valid and transferable Iqama
- Valid Saudi driving licence
- Ability to communicate fluently in Arabic and English
- Extensive knowledge of Saudi road/traffic systems and surrounding areas.
- Defensive driving skills and ability to use GPS & read road maps
- Knowledge of the working of an Embassy and its practices and procedures
- Experience in the negotiating through the processes of:
- Passport Office
- Saudi Customs and
- Other government offices
- Provide efficient, safe and effective driver/messenger services to Embassy staff and official visitors.
- Maintain fleet vehicles in a clean and roadworthy condition.
- Liaise with the Saudi ministries and government offices.
- Assist Embassy in its day to day administrative work like procurement, filing, banking, deliveries etc.
Starting salary: SR 7,541 per month inclusive of basic salary, transport and housing allowance.
In addition to 12 month's salary in a year, one month's basic salary is paid as a Ramadan Bonus.
The successful candidate will need to undergo health checks including eyes before confirmation of employment.
The closing date for applications is COB Wednedsay, 28 March 2018 and interviews for short-listed applicants will be held shortly thereafter.