Welcome to the Australian Embassy in Riyadh
Welcome to the website of the Australian Embassy in Riyadh. This site contains a broad range of information on the Embassy’s services. Here you will find information on how to contact us, advice on the range of consular services available to Australian citizens, information on visa and citizenship arrangements and other practical information on matters such as trade and visas. This site can direct you to an extensive array of information about Australia and the Australian Government.
Accreditation to Bahrain, Oman and Yemen
The Australian Embassy in Riyadh is formally accredited to Bahrain, Oman and Yemen and has full responsibility for all aspects of the bilateral relationship including with respect to consular issues.
Follow us on Twitter
Stay up to date with the Australian Embassy. You can follow Embassy's Twitter Page @AusEmbRiyadh to receive updates on Australia related news and events in Saudi Arabia.
Latest News and Events
H.E Dr. Ralph King , article on growing social ties between Australia & Saudi Arabia in Saudi Gazette
Minister of Foreign Affairs, The Hon Julie Bishop MP, statement on peaceful dispute resolution in South China Sea.
Increased passport fees will apply from 1 January 2017.
From 1 January 2017 the following fees will apply:
- 10-year passport for persons aged 16 and over will be $277
- 5-year passport for children under 16 years and persons aged 75 and over will be $139
- emergency passport overseas will be $175
- The overseas surcharge for the children under 18 years will be $52.
- The overseas surcharge for adult applicants will be $103.
Personal Assistant to the Ambassador
Applications are invited for the position of Personal Assistant to the Australian Ambassador in Riyadh. This is a Locally Engaged Staff (LES) position whereby the successful applicant will be responsible for relocation costs. Depending on experience, salary (LE3) will be between SR 9,091 – 9,806 per month including allowances for Transportation and Housing. An extra month’s Basic salary is paid each year as an Eid Bonus.
All applications will be assessed against the selection criteria and must be supported with the following or they will not be considered:
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae, including at least 2 Referees and their contact details.
- Statement addressing the Selection Criteria (no more than 200 words per criterion).
Please e-mail your applications to the Office Manager, Australian Embassy, e-mail: email@example.com with Subject: PN 9471 & Applicant’s name.
The closing date for applications is COB Monday 2 March 2017 and interviews for short-listed applicants will be held shortly thereafter. The successful applicant will be required to undergo medical assessment and obtain an appropriate security clearance.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail & ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic skills.
- Transferable Iqama.
The main duties of the job:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Ambassador’s office.
- Organise and maintain the Ambassador’s diary of engagements and travel.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly programmes.
- Coordinate the Ambassador’s overseas visits including programme of appointments.
- Manage the Ambassador and spouse’s official/social events.
- Provide administrative support for the Ambassador and other A-based staff as required.
- Handle telephone enquiries, mail and invitations received on behalf of the Embassy.
- Regular maintenance of filing, disposal and archival action as required.
- Drafting letters, notes and general administrative duties as required.
- Perform research tasks and submit reports as directed.
- Assist with preparation and translation of Third Person Notes if required.